[1.20.2] - 2023-10-02¶
- Also improve resilience of CSV imports, since CSV exports now support 'empty' weights. This makes for better round-tripping I/O when using CSV.
[1.20.1] - 2023-10-02¶
- Truck Steering System dataset for the DSM conference 2023.
- Improved resilience of the CSV I/O module.
[1.20.0] - 2023-09-19¶
- Graph export functionality in
ragraph.io.gripfor facilitating a GRIP round trip for Rijkswaterstaat.
- Graph import functionality for the GRIP exports from Rijkswaterstaat in
ragraph.io.gripsuch that dependencies between functions and requirements are included..
[1.19.5] - 2023-08-16¶
- Harden more plotting methods that depend on the length or index of things that might be empty.
[1.19.4] - 2023-08-16¶
- Provided all
max()calls with a default value where there was an iterable as an argument.
- Fixed a line in XML I/O that directly compared a
type(v) == strinstead of the recommended
[1.19.3] - 2023-08-15¶
- Handling an edge case where the
Labelsplot component would return an error if it was created with an empty list.
[1.19.2] - 2023-07-06¶
- Added an
__all__ = [...]entry to
Styleso that it's clearer that it can be imported there.
- Changed the default for the reference documentation generation for private module contents
ragraph.analysismodule overrides this by including their private methods such that tinkerers have full interactive documentation there.
[1.19.1] - 2023-07-06¶
- Switched documentation from Sphinx to MkDocs. A lot of docstrings were impacted, but code should still run fine with minor adjustments, if any at all. Docs should now be way better to navigate over at https://ragraph.ratio-case.nl.
[1.19.0] - 2023-05-24¶
- Changed the way one does sigma and delta MDM analysis. These are now offered in simpler, functional methods as opposed to the relatively heavy class approach that was taken before. We chose for only a minor version increment as this is a rather niche part of our public methods, of which a clear example is now included in the comparison section.
[1.18.0] - 2023-05-12¶
- Graph import functionality for the GRIP exports from Rijkswaterstaat in
[1.17.1] - 2023-04-05¶
- Minor tweaks and fixes for formatting.
[1.17.0] - 2023-02-17¶
- Genetic sequencing of node sequences built on
ragraph.analysis.sequence._genetic.genetic_sequencingfor more info.
[1.16.1] - 2022-10-27¶
- A convenient
allextra to install all extras at once.
[1.16.0] - 2022-07-27¶
- Ways to highlight rows and/or columns in all PieMap plots. See highlighting in the usage documentation.
[1.15.1] - 2022-06-14¶
- Added an option to the
interface_compatibilitythat toggles whether interface checking should be a prerequisite for checking compatibility. The default is the current behavior (
True), where compatibility is only checked for direct variant interfaces. Any two variants without a direct interface is then assumed to be compatible. Toggling that to
Falseimplies that any two variants should be compatible, regardless of the existence of an interface.
[1.15.0] - 2022-06-08¶
- New plot method to
ragraph.plot.generic.LabelsStylecan now toggle the label shortening behavior with a
shortenkey that is
Trueby default. This is the current behavior where each label is shortened by only keeping everything after the last period. You can provide a boolean toggle for this, or a custom method that takes a label string and returns the shortened label. Also available as
- Updated compatibility tests to include new
- Fixed duplicate UUID field in Metadata.
- Hotfix to scaling.
- Added an extra
scaling_weightfield to the
ragraph.plot.generic.PieMapStyleobject that scales the piecharts drawn in a piemap plot component according to a specified edge weight. Note that it stacks with every edge in a bundle between two displayed nodes by means of the product of the available values.
ragraph.analysis.comparison.DeltaAnalysisclass for performing delta analysis on
ragraph.analysis.comparison.SigmaAnalysisclass for performing sigma analysis on
- Switch from a brute-force to a Binary Decision Diagram implementation as the backbone for the compatibility module.
- Added a compatibility analysis module:
ragraph.analysis.compatibility. Usage documentation available at the compatibility section.
ragraph.analysis.similarity.SimilarityAnalysisclass for performing a product portfolio similarity analysis.
- Updated and reorganized all dependencies into a more simplified structure.
- Now, the only optional dependencies are RaESL (as extra
esl) and kaleido (as extra
- Removed the obsolete API server with Connexion. It's currently unused and only burdens the package with higher maintenance.
- If we'd ever need it again, we can look back at it later in the Git history.
- Connexion's development is currently changing a lot as well, so we'd probably be better off starting over then.
- Removed CLI as the only supported command was the API server.
- Fixup Canopy export schema key for "session" format.
- Fixup the export of labels in Canopy (de-duplicate, keep order).
- Fixup the export of weights in Canopy (force floats).
- Fixup the
$schemakey in Canopy export.
- Added methods to import and export graphs from and to https://canopy.ratio-case.nl and its
corresponding JSON schemas:
- Allow specification of a
symmetrizeparameter to the different Markov clustering algorithms that adds the transpose of a (potentially asymmetrical) matrix to create a guaranteed symmetrical matrix with respect to the diagonal. This should give more consistent clustering results while maintaining "stronger" connections between nodes that already had bi-directional edges between them. Influences
ragraph.analysis.heuristics.markov_gamma. The Markov sequencing is not included, as that would not make sense at all.
- Modified Markov sequencing with a
scaletoggle that modifies the inflow vector to contain the sum of the corresponding adjacency matrix's columns. To interpret this in a sequencing context: a node doesn't have to "split" its output and divide it over it's successors, but it rather delivers something that each target node should acquire fully. It is therefore the new default option (
scale = True). Clustering algorithms have not been adjusted to incorporate this as that would stray too far off the original Markov clustering implementation.
- Added rudimentary debugging output to analysis. The output is rather verbose and is sent on a
- Tiny bugfix when axis sort should neither sort by width or bus status (only hierarchy).
ragraph.analysis.sequence.utils.branchsortactually respect the inplace argument.
inheritoption to the
ragraph.plot.generic.PieMapStyleoptions to display edges between descendants of nodes in the figures using PieMap components such as
loopsboolean toggles to any applicable Analysis class and therefore to all methods where applicable.
- Add an
inheritoption to the SCC algorithm. By default, it is set to
Trueand makes sure any edges between descendants are taken into account, too.
- Added better control of the default sorting behavior in RaGraph MDM plots. See
- Updated documentation to reflect color overrides plotting.
- Improved graph slicing to include edge filtering or leaving everything blank for a full deepcopy.
- Allow combined color palette overrides, e.g. both a categorical color override for a field as well as a numerical color palette.
- Add a SCC tearing sequencing algorithm. See
ragraph.analysis.sequence.utils.branchsort. The nodes given to this argument are treated as leaf nodes and their descendants are therefore exempt from being reordered.
- Fixup a plotting issue where subplots didn't receive the plotting style options.
- Fixup a pre-processing step in branchsort analyses where root lists of length 1 were treated as cases where nothing had to be sorted.
- Add option to allow CORS.
- Fixup cyclic import troubles. Getting a color from a palette in the plot
ragraph.plot.Style.palettesis now available under the
palettesfield of type
ragraph.colors. This allows it to be used even if the plotting dependencies aren't present.
- Initial merge of API v2.
- Added more DSM datasets.
- Pipeline and versioning updates.
- Dependency updates.
- Addition of the
ragraph.plot.generic.PieMapStyle.customhoverkeysattribute. This attribute allows a user to provide a list of keys that indicate which information stored within the
ragraph.edge.Edge.annotationsobject is to be displayed on hover within a
- Addition of the
ragraph.plot.dmmplot function for visualizing mapping matrices.
- Addition of the
row_col_numbersargument to the
ragraph.plot.dsmplot functions for adding row and column numbers to the figures.
- Several small bug fixes regarding the scaling of figures when adding custom plot components.
- Added usage docs for
ragraph.plotover at plotting.
- Added a
ragraph.analysis.sequence.axissequencing 'algorithm' that sorts nodes like we typically want them to on matrix axis as a replacement for the utils floating around. That means, they get sorted by node kind first (and hierarchy) primarily, followed by a sorting of "sibling" nodes where buses and larger clusters (in terms of displayed leaf nodes) are put first.
- Added UUID generation to the
ragraph.generic.Metadataclass. This means that we tag every
ragraph.graph.Graphinstance with a unique code to track them over time. This is especially useful for the API and future referencing of identical objects.
- This change affects the
.json_dictproperty of these objects to work with these UUIDs (as strings) instead of the object names to reference them.
- UUIDs are now generated as an incrementing integer during test runs such that we generate the same identical (and easily identifiable) in each run. Note that they are very much random in "real-life" situations.
- Removed soon-to-be-deprecated API v1 tests as bringing them up-to-par would be a waste of time.
- Improved scaling of large MDM plots.
- Bug fix.
ragraph.plot.mdmnow supports plotting graphs with more than ten edge labels out of the box.
- Bug fix.
ragraph.plot.mdmlegend plotting no longer crashes on empty list of edges.
- Some convenience fixups to the
- The CLI now supports arguments via environment variables. They are of the form of
- Bug fix of
ragraph.plot.components.piemap.PieMapregarding the visualization of matrices that contain one or more busareas.
- Additon of the
ragraph.plot.mdmwhich defines whether the provided leaf list should be sorted according to the hierarchical node structure and different node domains. Defaults to
- Changed the default value of the keyword
Bug fix. The type of
ragraph.plot.generic.Palettes.fieldsis updated to
Dict[str, Union[str, List[str]]]. As such, one can providing a mapping of field names to a hex-colorcodes or to a lists of hex-colorcodes:
A single colorcode is to be used when one wants to set the color of an edge label.
- A list of colorcodes is to be used when one wants to provide a colormap for an edge weight.
- Added a rudimentary plotting module under
ragraph.plot. The only currently built-in plot type is the
ragraph.plot.mdm, but groundwork is in place with re-usable plot components under
ragraph.plot.componentsand the color palette management under
ragraph.plot.colors. The usage manual should follow soon.
- Changed internal backend of
raesl.compile.to_graph. This changes calls to
ragraph.io.esl.from_eslslightly since it now requires positional arguments
*pathsinstead of a list of paths.
- Fixed an issue where the
ruamel.yamldependency is installed as
ragraph.generic.Metadatamodel for generic classes
- Metadata standardizes name, kind, labels, weights, and annotations.
- Applied to
- Annotations is now a derived Mapping class.
- Updated all IO classes to support this.
- Applied a workaround to the API to support this, too.
- Fixups to the
ragraph.generic.Mappingclass and its usage in the plot module.
ragraph.graph.Graph.get_node_and_edge_selectionmethods to select nodes and edges for plotting purposes.
- Added a
ragraph.generic.Mappingclass that will mainly be featured in future endeavours featuring plotting functionality. Works as a dictionary whose keys are also properties of the object. Moreover, you can include default values and optional validators for certain keys/properties of the object. It's intended as a base class to derive mappings from for a specific purpose.
- Simplified the use of the
ragraph.analysis._classes.Analysisclasses and their corresponding wrappers by moving the latter into the former. The publicly available methods are now the wrapped ones that check the parameter input.
- Added better analysis descriptions through their
strrepresentations. For help regarding an analysis, simply look at its repr or string how to call it.
- Made branchsort more convenient by allowing supplying Analysis instances, too.
- Apply new Python project template.
- Set algorithm specific modules as private modules. Regular usage should refer to the category
specific imported ones. This means that
from ragraph.analyis.bus import gammafrom now on undeniably imports the function and not the submodule (which is now named
- Fix the Climate Control case to correspond to the reference document by Pimmler. Make sure to use
it with an edge weight filter set to
"adjacency"for algorithms that require nonnegative input.
- Tests are updated accordingly and an additional test checks whether relevant datasets are actually symmetric.
- More sophisticated Archimate3.0 export via an
archimatedictionary in our Annotations object. You can now set the element type and documentation of each element using
Annotations.archimate["documentation"]. For all possible types, please refer to https://www.opengroup.org/xsd/archimate.
- Added an Archimate3.0 XML compatible export for Graph objects. See https://www.opengroup.org/xsd/archimate for more info.
- Fixed loading JSON files with set edge IDs. It now sets the last used edge ID number correctly.
- Minor bug fix for edge ID generation.
- Added XML I/O support using the XML Metadata Interchange format (XMI) in
Initial version from preceding projects